There’s no reason why you can’t transfer your address book from one computer to another. It might be a little bit more complicated than most people think.
The following are the steps, if you want to transfer your address book to another computer:
1) Open the Thunderbird program (or Thunderbird if it’s already running).
2) Go to Options>Preferences>Address Book.
3) Choose file, then click on ‘Set up a new address book’ and then choose a location.
4) Under page size, choose small or medium and then click on OK.
5) Click on OK again and save changes.
What is Thunderbird Email Client?
Thunderbird Email Client is an email client developed by Microsoft and available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Android devices. Thunderbird was originally released in October 2006 for Microsoft Windows and later for the Mac OS X and iOS platforms.
It was renamed Thunderbird Classic in 2012. It is partly based on the Mozilla Thunderbird email client, which itself is a descendant of the Mozilla Thunderbird email client (originally developed by Netscape).
Thunderbird was first released as free software under the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.0 in 2007. Since then, it has been commercially available as a commercial product, either free or paid, under the commercial Open Source Starter Edition or Standard Edition license terms.
Both versions are available from no cost to users whose machines are not running Windows XP or higher or Mac OS X 10.9 (“Mavericks”).Thunderbird’s web site describes it as: “Starring a mix of features from popular desktop email clients like Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo! Mail.”
How to Export Thunderbird Address Book to Another Computer?
It’s not a complicated problem. There are three steps to follow, and the first step is to install Thunderbird on the computer you want to transfer your address book.
- Open up Thunderbird.
- Choose File > Import Address Book. When asked whether you want to import your address book, select “Yes” (or simply hit enter).
- Then, choose the type of computer you want to transfer it too: Mac or Windows PC. Choose “Mac or Windows PC” from the drop-down menu and then choose “Import Address Book” from the list that appears.
How do I export my Thunderbird address book?
- Open Thunderbird and click on File > Export > Export Address Book .
- Select “Export As PDF” for “File Format” and choose the file size for which you would like your address book to be exported.
- Finally, click on Download .Or open Thunderbird on PC and choose File > Export Address Book or Import Address Book .
Choose PDF format if you want your exported address book be viewable in any PDF reader software such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Word Viewer . Afterwards, save it as a pdf file (for example: c8fdc1f0-da23-4d92-95e8-644748d66a7c).Make sure that both computers with which you want to transfer / export your address book are connected through an internet connection — otherwise the feature won’t work properly (it will prompt for a security password; unless you have set it up manually).
If this is not possible, please consult your Internet provider about accessing internet connection through their service.
Thunderbird is a free application that enables you to create and manage address book entries, organize contacts, and access online services on your computer.It’s not a complicated application but the list of functions is vast.
Once it’s installed, Thunderbird will ask you to set up an account. This can either be done by entering your email address or by creating a new one.Thunderbird will then display your email address as well as the login credentials that are required to access the program from this address.
Once you have entered the information into Thunderbird, it will ask for permission to download some files from your computer and convert them into necessary formats for use on your new computer.
It does not have to be a separate program but can be downloaded from other sources such as the web.